This is the TopoGun 2.0 Documentation.
This document is organized into four main sections:
- User Guide
You should also check out the online videos and related media found at www.topogun.com.
- Improved user interface.
- TopoGun and TopoGun License Server are now available for the Linux operating system.
- The Symmetry has been rewritten and it works with all the tools. You can create custom Symmetry Planes and Symmetry Warps, so you can use symmetry on arbitrary rotated objects or on objects with slightly asymmetrical features
- The Morpher extension helps you modify the reference mesh and have the modifications bounced back to the scene geometry. This way you can basically review the highpoly sculpting process after the lowpoly retopologized version was created. The Morpher can also be used for creating lowpoly versions of digitally sculpted blendshapes or for posing lowpoly geometries like their corresponding highpoly references.
- The Draw tool has been upgraded, it supports two new line types, the Section lines and the Sweep lines, which help you retopologize cylindrical parts of the reference mesh.
- The new Tubes tool also helps you retopologize cylindrical parts of the reference mesh, by using a slightly different approach.
- The Brush tool: modify vertices with industry standard brushes and tablet pressure sensitivity support.
- The Extrude tool allows for border edges extrusions.
- Double clicking on a border edge in SimpleEdit mode selects the entire border edge loop.
- File history: access the latest opened/saved scenes from within the File menu.
- Scene crash recovery makes it impossible to lose any scene data, due to unexpected software errors.
- Merge Scene: now you can merge polygon data into an existing scene, from external files.
- To Full Shell command helps selecting the current geometry shell, including its vertices, edges and polygons.
- The Spin Edges command.
- Select Path now works on edges too.
- Online activated license can now be returned to the server via the website (from the Return License page).
- The Interactive Help System shows an information box in the viewport, for each interface element you move the mouse cursor over.
© 2009-2012 SC PIXELMACHINE SRL. All rights reserved.
Except as otherwise permitted by SC PIXELMACHINE SRL, this document, or parts of it, may not be reproduced in any form, by any method, for any purpose.
Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
NVIDIA, GEFORCE and NVIDIA NFORCE are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Intel and Pentium are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Fedora is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc.
Ubuntu is a registered trademark of Canonical, Ltd.
Novell and openSUSE are registered trademarks of Novell, Inc and SUSE Linux is a trademark of Novell, Inc.
OS X, Mac, the Mac logo and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Autodesk, Mudbox, Maya and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc in the United States and/or other countries.
Pixologic and ZBrush are registered trademarks of Pixologic.
OpenGL is a trademark or registered trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
THIS PUBLICATION AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS MADE AVAILABLE BY SC PIXELMACHINE SRL “AS IS.” SC PIXELMACHINE SRL, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THESE MATERIALS.
We want to thank to the special people that helped this project come alive:
- Ricky Mujica
- Thomas Mahler
- Sorin Lupu (for the Gladiator sculpture)
- Andrei Bradu (for the Adam sculpture)
- Claudiu Tanasie
- Wayne Robson
- Francois Melard
- Mashru Mishu
- Pior Oberson
- Pedro Toledo
- Fabricio Torres
- Kristof Minnaert
- Adrien Debos
- The wxWidgets team
- The entire TopoGun betatesting team